Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox/PS2 on LCD monitor?

Options
  • 11-11-2002 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Anyone out there using their XBox (or PS2 for that matter) with an LCD monitor? If so, what kit are you using?

I'm considering getting a LCD monitor for my PC, and would like to use my XBox with it too. A LCD monitor with an integrated s-video port is an option, and the Solarism LM 1503 looks like one of the best. However, the reviews mention the s-video connector in passing, concentrating more on PC gaming usage. An alternative would be a separate s-video to VGA converter, but I'm wary of the image quality they would provide.

Any suggestions?

Ciarán.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

I know LCD monitors are never good for PC gaming as the refresh rates on the "average" LCD screen is not high enough for gaming and produces shadows.

On many PS2 and all Xbox games you will have the 60hz option so this may prove a problem.

I use a "Trust video console viewer" for my gaming now on my 19in screen.

The Xbox games look slightly better as they have an better resolution, 640 as opposed to 512 i think.

Unfortunately the composite - VGA adapter i use has no "save settings" option as i really do need to readjust the color etc when using either of the consoles.

Im happy with it though.

Advertisement