Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childhood Pets

Options
  • 10-11-2002 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what pets everyone had as a child? And if those pets are still alive and well, or what happened to them..

Ive gone through a fair few pets in my time..
    First at the age of 5, was Goldie and Cola, the imaginatively named goldfish..Went to goldfish heaven (the toilet)

Next was Snowy, who was a little white kitten (you see the recurring theme with the names here?!) who we found after being run down by a car. We nursed him back to health with a half a disprin, the vet says thats what kept him alive..only for about a year or so later, for Snowy to mysteriously go "missing"..I spent a lot of my life thinking Snowy hated me and ran away to go to his real owners, but then years later heard that some scum lowlife had actually got into the garden and kept throwing him at a wall, my poor mother had to scrape him off.

Had to content myself with the neighbours Rottweilers for a couple of years, till we got a black rabbit called Sparky, the biggest rabbit known to man. honestly, he used to actually be MATES with the cats in the area, he was so big..
    He died of heart failure.

No pets for years, then we got some budgies, then some dogs moved into our house, Sid, the one I have pictured, and Flossie, who was the sweetest collie ever.. Poor Flossie passed away last year from kidney cancer.

Then I got Jessie, the first dog I ever had from puppyhood, Poppy the cat moved into my house also, and we still have the ever faithful Sid. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

I had a cat called Sandy, she strayed into our garden with two other cats when I was about 8 so we kept the 3 of them at my grans house. She had a farm so they had plenty of space. I've had 2 other cats since then, Lee and Micro- mother and daughter. I bought my first dog 2 years ago. She's a Norwegian Elkhound, 5 years old and the most gorgeous dog! I'd recommend the breed to anyone who has a decent sized garden and would like an energetic, playful and extremely gentle and loyal dog. She looks like a huskie/wolf :) so sometimes people are a bit nervous around her but she's sooo harmless!!! I'll post up a photo on the other thread as soon as I get the chance!

Advertisement