Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid

Options
  • 03-03-1999 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

Right.

For those of you PSX owners who didn't notice, Metal Gear Solid is out as of Saturday... if you don't have it, you have no excuse.

On a more general note... having played it, I wanna get ye to imagine something. Imagine an FPS game... with character classes... and one of those character classes is a cross between Solid Snake and Cyborg Ninja, with the agiligy, jumps, sword and cloaking device of the Ninja, and the stealth and sneakiness of Snake....

What do ye think?

Oh, and by the way... Get the MGS soundtrack while you're at it. It's less than a tenner, and there is _no_ better music to play Tribes to....

Ja na,
    Shin-chan

/
    \

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

The lads in my house rented it out last weekend. It took them 19 hours to complete according to the stats at the end.

The general opinion on it was that it was the game it self was good, but the cut scenes....the went on FOREVER! And the death scenes....FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP! And the dialog.."The carabo is a symbol of life and rebirth to the eskimos".....ARGH!

The cool thing though is that you can watch all the cut scences at the end and there are little text bits filling in what you actual had to do.

That's my slightly demented two pennies

[This message has been edited by Draco (edited 03-03-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Yeah, I've heard people say they thought the cutscenes went on too long, but then again, you don't object to an action movie having bits in it that explain _why_ we're killing everyone...

The character development was good though. I liked the long cutscenes personally, for me, they made it better than any movie. Not everyones cup of tea, though.

Ja na,
    Shin-chan

/
    \

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

HAHAHAHAHA
    i played it in november tongue.gif
    hehehehe
    and ehh i've just posted on the halflife board about it
    so i dunno whether i should bother here again smile.gif
    one thing i wanna check out though is if its actually censored at all in the PAL version..

imports imports imports!!!

So this is my life ... yay!
    kane@redbrick.dcu.ie
    http://start.at/kali

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

mmm I love imports too smile.gif

AFAICS, the PAL version is exactly the same as the US version, although of course the US version was quite different to the Jap version - not censorship, but they actually added a fair bit into the USA version.

Mata ne!
    Shin-chan

/
    \

Advertisement