Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whos has/getting vice city?

Options
  • 08-11-2002 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Whos has/getting vice city?
    What do you think of the previews,reviews of it?
    what do you think of it?

Comments

Well I went into game but they were all prebooked so I'll try tomorrow. Can't wait. Ne1 know how much it costs in smyths? I wanna get them on the lowest price guarantee bs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

i have it on pre order from play.com for the last month so hopefully they will deliver soon. fingers crossed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Just got it for €59.99 from Smyth's Tallaght

Mod merge this thread with the other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by Celt
    Just got it for €59.99 from Smyth's Tallaght

For PS2 Celt?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by Kaimera
    For PS2 Celt?

has to be PS2. its the only format its out on :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by Phreak
    has to be PS2. its the only format its out on :)

I was kinda hoping that maybe it was out on PC aswell...
    ack..sure I can wait I suppose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I got it yesterday in smiths (53euros)
    I got to bed at around 4 this morning playing it...................
    ray liotta (goodfellas) plays your voice
    dennis hopper is your enemys voice
    you get to ride bikes/planes/boats and soooo many cars

The radio stations are great..............
    missions are amazing,
    the controls are the exact same (great)
    all round one of the most perfect games ive played.
    cant ask for much more!!!

every one should get it.
    sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

The free form gun mode is still pants(the mode used when holding R1 while using an assault rifle(ruger/m16))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

I bought it yesterday in Golden Discs. I shopped around Waterford for ages to see where it was selling for cheapest. Xtra Vision and World of Wonder (new toy shop) have it for 60 euro and Sinnotts had it (sold out in 2 hours) for 58. The best deal was Golden Discs for 56.99 and I used my Usit card 10% discount so I got it for 51.21.
    It's a steal and the game is brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Having played the game solidly for the last two days, the only criticism I can really level at it is that it hasn't evoked the same sense of wonder as GTA3 did - which is to be expected seeing as its basically GTA3.5.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

How could it Nekki, its just more of the same winning formula but hopefully not another Lara.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Headin to dublin tommorow on the bi weekly buy lots o games trip but not to buy vice city cause I hate grand theft auto in all its crappy forms.

GAME etc will probably be very busy and full of 12 year olds trying to buy the game, first being told its sold out and then being told we wouldnt sell it to you anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

class game,got it from work for 49:50 :D
    im loving the motorbikes and the radio stations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

i went into gamesworld today (gamesworld waterford ) and they were completely sold out! except for people that had deposits.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

If you're stuck for a copy, try Smiths in Bray..
    They seemed to have lots of copies...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

got it yesterday in xtravision, 60euros. good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Got this on Friday in the Square. Virgin had no copies, neither did Dixons. So I had to opt for Game. They had no copies out on the shelves so I asked the guy at the counter had he got it. He asked me whether I had pre-booked it and I said "er ... no". He went out the back, came back out and grabbed a copy from a pre booked cardboard box. €70 a bit bloody pricey but have to say it's an excellent game. Love the whole 80's feel, especially the C64 loading screen, hehe .. class.

Originally posted by TinCool
    especially the C64 loading screen, hehe .. class.

Was wondering what the blue screen was. tnx :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

the c64 loading screen is deadly + doing wheelies on the motor bikes so much fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i had it for a couple of days and i was dissappointed by it. the C64 loading screen is a nice touch with Video Killed The Radio Star on in the background (very quiet though). the radio stations are good too. but the gameplay didn't impress sadly so i'll be giving this one a miss :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 corc

i rented the game last weekend and got nothing but grief from the women because i spent most of the weekend playing it. So i purchased it during the week and as far as im concerned there is no comparisons between this and GTA3 as they have completely overhauled every aspect of the game. GTA3 was such a breath of fresh air in a time where games seem so linear and then this free rooming game appeared and of all things on a games console. VC takes GTA3 to a whole new level in terms of looks, feel and oh ya 80's nostalgia. I dear any sceptic who has not played this game to try it out and say they didn’t enjoy it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Originally posted by Ryo Hazuki
    GAME etc will probably be very busy and full of 12 year olds trying to buy the game, first being told its sold out and then being told we wouldnt sell it to you anyway.

But it's sooooo much fun :)

Satisfying in a demented kinda way too

Advertisement