Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chocolate

• 08-11-2002 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I got a present of some chocolate truffles ("Harry and Davids") from a friend who's recently been to the states.

I was eating one yesterday, when I felt something strange after taking a bite. I looked at the remaining half of the chocolate, and there is a piece of wire sticking out! Must have gotten in during manufacturing.

Just wondering, should I just forget about it & throw it away, or what would you guys do? Would you eat the rest of them?

A box of chocs might come in handy this time of year :-)

~ Bob!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I would say

send it back

and get a new box

and wtf has this got to do with PI?

regards

seamus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Originally posted by Unreg-Bob
    Hi,

I got a present of some chocolate truffles ("Harry and Davids") from a friend who's recently been to the states.

I was eating one yesterday, when I felt something strange after taking a bite. I looked at the remaining half of the chocolate, and there is a piece of wire sticking out! Must have gotten in during manufacturing.

Just wondering, should I just forget about it & throw it away, or what would you guys do? Would you eat the rest of them?

~ Bob!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

This

(This Space intentionally left blank)

thread

should

have

been

posted

to

After Hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

sPam tEh pLanneH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Originally posted by Unreg-Bob
    Hi,

~ Bob!

suck.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I think you might have posted on the PI board so as not to get these sort of reply from eejits.

Id recommend getting in contact with the producer of the american chocolate. Usually company send you a '****load' of chocolate so that you will keep quiet and not give them a bad name.... .... so do share the chocolate. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'm sure there's an American equivalent of Donaghue (or McAllister if you must) v Stevenson. Yummy Scottish snails in soda pop bottles for anyone who didn't use the case in 7 undergrad exams[1].

Let them know and make sure they send you something nice.

[1]Law students may laugh but I did manage to pass all of them. I was the chap who passed Torts by using Wombles v Wombles Skips as my main reference for passing off though (chances are no-one else has ever mentioned that one (all the Irish books were gone from the library and I had to learn it from scratch in an hour).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

send it back. maybe "food and drink" would be a better spot.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Well i remember i found a white patch in the brown nougat bit of my mars bar one day, turns out it was just a spot where the colouring hadnt mixed properly. Sent it back anyhow and got a £5 voucher. So a piece of wire? That's gotta be worth a fair bit!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Eat the wire. You know it makes sense.

• Advertisement
Advertisement