Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kennels - Recommendations?

Options
  • 08-11-2002 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭

Off on holidays in a couple of weeks and the two dogs are going to kennels.

Can anyone recommend Kennels in Dublin? what sort of prices do they charge.

Thx

Vex.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Vexorg the Kennels I use are called Brentwood Security in Ashbourne.They are actually a kennels but used to do security training for dogs.
    Ive been using them for 7 years now and their great with the dog.Usually gets walked twice a day.The dogs area is always spotless as well as being well fed.
    Phone Debra on 8350093.
    Btw their rates are I think €6 per day for a small dog and €7 for a large dog.
    Richie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

I use one between Lucan and Newcastle run by a lovely lady who loves animals. Its got heated kennels for night and large runs for small and big dogs for daytime. I've got three small dogs (shih-tzu, yorkshire terrier and a maltese) and she charges €5 per day per dog. Its situated on the Newcastle Road from Lucan about halfway between Polly Hops pub and Peamount Hospital.

Don't have the phone # on me at the mo, but I can post it later if your interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Folks,

I have to say that I despise leaving my two dogs in kennels, so I've come up with an alternative solution.

Basically I came across a lady out in Howth, who takes in dogs and minds them while you are away. She basically takes them into her family for the time you are off on a beach, and the dogs have a sodding great time.

They have a whole kitchen/dining area to themselves to sleep in overnight (including couch, big sleep rugs etc.)

She walks them for 5 to 10 miles per day on the hills of howth.

She lets them sleep on the end of the bed if they are used to it.

She basically spoils them rotten while they stay there, and they don't suffer any of the usual stresses associated with being locked up in cages for weeks on end.

If you are interested in contacting this woman, drop me an email. I don't want to just throw her details around the net, but I will pass them on to anyone who is genuinely interested.

Be prepared though, she doesn't take just any dog, she will interview you and your pet first before agreeing to the gig.

c0y0te

email: coyote@arbsnet.com

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Coyote,
    This is a new idea which stems from peoples lack of trust in the Kennel industry.
    I used to have a setup similar to yours but unfortunately the lady passed away a few years ago.The dogs always were happier when she took them as opposed to a kennel.
    The kennel I use at the minute is quite good and will always let you walk in at anytime to check the dogs out.
    The other alternative which is becoming popular is a Dog and house sitter combined where someone stays in or calls to your home while you are away and minds the dog/cat etc in its own environment.
    Richie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Yup!

Sometimes the big issue with leaving dogs in kennels... is that when they come out they are a bit 'furious' with you for a while:)

Other than that its always the risk of infection or 'kennel cough' etc.

I'm sure there are very good kennels, with excellent staff and good management - it's just that they seem to be few and far between.

Personally I would never leave my dogs in a kennel, but then again perhaps that's a luxury not everyone has.

c0y0te

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement