Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture window above stairs

Options
  • 06-11-2002 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

I was viewing a new apartment today. It has a picture window above the stairs that leads up from the entrance and this window looks like it has been put in crooked. It is noticable because of the narrowness of the stairwell so it is obvious that the top of one side of the window is closer to the corner than the bottom.
    As this is a major item to fix what chance have I got of getting the builder to fix it. I like the apartment as it is well situated and has a good view.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 CYC

Have you checked it's not the wall that's now level ?

I assume this is a brand new apartment you are talking about. I guess you can either negotiate a discount on the price of the appartment if the window is not straight or the wall, or you can buy it provided they fix the problem.

I even think that you could pick this up in the snag list and oblige them to fix it.

CYC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

It's mentioned in the snag list.

Even if it's not rectifiable I can hide it by using a curtain to hide the edges but I'll keep annoying them about it.

Advertisement