Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fightbox

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

A good I idea would be to have country V country (or city v city), might generate more interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Originally posted by DapperGent
    The project seems very revolutionary though I still don't know about people watching other people playing games on TV.
    I remember BBC2 used to have something similar years ago. It was hosted by Craig Charles, and had two people battling in a virtual reality environment, in one of those big, ugly, full-on virtuality machines.

It was treated as a fad (like virtual reality), and dumped quickly.

Also - I remember one of the series of Gamesmaster hosted by Dexter Fletcher where they dumped everything else out of the show, except the bit where people played each other on the latest games.

Again - this idea was dumped quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

and then there was the idea to have Unreal Tournament games on bbc2 that didnt get very far. sorry but as buch as i like computer games they are a long way from a spectator sport :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

disco stu, have you ever, watched gtv/hltv with shoutcast commentary?
    if not, well then you arent seeing the whole picture. games can be good to watch from a spectator pov.
    it is quite entertaining. isdn doesn't quite cope with it (both audio stream +gtv stream), so best bet is to download the demo and watch it with the downloaded shoutcast.
    barrysworld capture the flag q3 league even covered some of fh's matches in this way. i've shown my NON game playing mates the results, and they were well impressed, same mates who said *dont play quake so much*. at present it's something only done/experienced by those in the know, but it will become more widespread! you can find out more at http://www.tsncentral.com/ . i am incredibly lazy so im not typing anymore

Advertisement