Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your current meal to cook when you have visitors or to impress

Options
  • 03-11-2002 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Just curious what everyones party piece is.

Mine is as follows.

For starters a melon (I know sad bastard)

Home made bread by me then as a appitiser

For the main course
    Thai Green Chicken Curry with Noodles (Seasame Oil added) and a light Salad of finely chopped Spring Onions, Cucumber & Tomatoes in a Olive Oil and Lime garnish.

Desert something simple like a apple tart and cream.

Gandalf.

(I know the styles are all over the place but from experience its does the job nicely)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Starters:

Chiabata bread topped with red pesto, parma ham, vine tomatoes and mozarella cheese toasted until the cheese goes gooey.

Main:

Fillets of Lemon sole stuffed with a smoked salmon and prawn mousse, steamed and served with a saffron buerre blanc on a bed of fresh egg tagliatelle that has been buttered and peppered.

Dessert:

Passion fruit parfait served with a mango sauce.

Cheeseboard:

Durrus, Rocquefort, Gubbeen, Milleens, Mini Gabhair, Adrahan

Wine:

Start with a Sancerre Rouge chilled or a Brown Brothers Tarrango straight from the fridge.
    Oddly, a Bourgandy red, something like a Chateuneuf de Pape or a Chassagne Montrachet.
    Champagne with dessert & a good port like a Grahams '89 or a Croft vintage.
    Last but not least a big full whiskey- something like a Springbank or a Lagavulin.

You are sure to impress the pants off any chick and be stuffed, and twisted like a pig too.

Advertisement