Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank Miller

Options
  • 30-10-2002 10:46am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey there - my first post in this board...

Anyway, I'm not big into comics at all, but I am something of a Frank Miller fan. Got started when a girl I used to work with gave me The Dark Knight Returns to read ("OMFG!!!" I thought) and then I read a few Sin City following up from that and thought they were most excellent too.

So, I now have in my collection, Dark Knight Returns, DK2 (all 3 that have been released so far) and a couple of Sin City books.

The other day I bought "Daredevil - The Man Without Fear" for a couple of reasons...
    The Movie's coming out soonish and I actually knew very little about Mat Murdock's past and history and it said it was one of the first things Miller had done. It introduces everyone nicely - Elektra and Wilson Fisk and Foggy who he runs his law firm with.

A good read - well good.

So now I'm interested in what to read next - the guy in the shop recommended the Elektra story. I also thought about Daredevil Visionaries series, but after reading Man Without Fear, I quite fancy seeing more of Elektra (hehehe - take that any way you want).

Recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Well first you have to get Batman: Year One by Frank Miller to finish off his stint in the Batman world. Then to follow up that story get The Long Halloween by Jeph Loeb and once you have those read it is time to start reading the Preacher series by Garth Ennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

yea the elektra story are ok but nothin compaired to daredevil or sin city.

But yea like the guy above said Preacher is really good

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Miller is definitely one of my favourite writers. Any of his stuff would be worth getting but especially:

DKR
    Year One
    Ronin
    any of the Sin city books

Advertisement