Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best freeware game evurrr!

Options
  • 29-10-2002 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

at the mo i'm totally hooked on crimsonland, a sweet smash tv style game (with added bullet time:D)
    my internet connection is well dodgy at the mo, but you should be able to get v1.40 here, or just google around a bit.
    1.4 is pretty crappy, there are no real levels as such, just a big open space. but it's still well worth a download.
    my current top score is 46534, but i should be able to beat that easily enough.

damn you carlsberg!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

When will Crimsonland be back?

I think Soldat still holds that title of best freeware game.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Llamatron 2084 gets my vote.... Jeff Minter is the king.

If you like Robotron/Llamatron/Smash TV etc., check out Mutant Storm, just released by Pom Pom. Absolutely superb game....

http://www.pompom.org.uk

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Gah! Dave beat me to it by about twenty seconds :) PomPom rock - their last game, Space Tripper, was also bloody fantastic.

And speaking of Minter (I'm in a clan called Eat Electric Death, spot the Minter reference and win a prize!), go grab a copy of GridRunner++ - it's bloody brilliant. Designed for the PocketPC but there's a version that runs on Windows and the mouse control is PERFECT for it. Psychidelic as hell and hard as nails in the later levels - one of Yak's best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Eat Electric Death

Would that be what scrolled across the screen when you used a smart bomb/power up in tempest 2000 on boards.ie's favourite failed console the Atari Jaguar?

Infact im looking at an old copy of ST Format with it staring me in the face so thats a rhetorical question :)

An even better prize to the first person to describe what Trip-A-Tron was.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

A map and wave definer/Light Synthesiser thingy for the my beloved Amiga:) oh and for the Atari ST...HMmmm Psychedelic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by Shinji
    Gah! Dave beat me to it by about twenty seconds :) PomPom rock - their last game, Space Tripper, was also bloody fantastic.
    Space Tripper was genius. I still can't beat it on that extra hard mode.... (Its called extra hard for a reason). Haven't played it for ages ... must dig it up again. If you haven't played it before, the closest comparison is probably Uridium on the C64, but with gorgeous OpenGL graphics.

As for Mutant Storm, just got my first million last night and the yellow belt... Its starting to get fcuking hard.... God I love that game!

- Dave.

Advertisement