Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantastic Mod / Multiplayer mission

Options
  • 27-10-2002 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

An excellant mod that brings C&C to op flash
    Here is another interesting mod. Its name is MF Capture the Island.

Base%20Overheads.JPGCommand%20Menus.JPG

Construction%20Menus.JPGDestroyed%20Bases.JPG

I have attached a few screenshots to a mod I have been working on. It is called MF Capture the Island (MFCTI) and turns OFP into and RTS. The main focus of my mod has been on an easy to use menu system and complete AI automation. If a player is not selected for a team then an AI will substitute and take towns on it's own. If a player commander is not used then an AI commander will build the base and reinforce groups. The goal of the game is to capture towns for income, build a base, construct vehicles, and destroy the enemy base. It is currently about 95% done and is fully playable. It requires OFP: Resistance and I may release my original 1.46 version later. I am planning on releasing the first public beta next week if things go well.

Really worth getting. I personaly have played it for hours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Also while this thread is here I came across an excellant addon

http://www.opflashpoint.org/addons.php?v=408

Dragonfly_Preview_Screens.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭PyjamaMan

played a game of mf cti yesterday that lasted 4 HOURS it was ****ing leathal

Je, a game can go on for hours (pity theres no save option). It starts off kind of slow, but once you build up money and the enemy starts buying shikas and tanks it gets really interesting. I hope to have a game of it on a lan tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Might just give it a flog so :)

God knows I played C&C long enough.

That dragonfly mod looks like a G.I. Joe simulator thingy with the copter backpacks. Is it? Or is it the C.O.R.P.S.?

Well me and a friend had a game of MF CTI over a lan, and it's just fantastic. First of all the whole freedom to capture what ever town you want is refreshing, as me and my friend would go to a town, formulate a plan and then swoop in and we did some real tactics which was cool, instead of rushing a town because the waypoint says so. And the further into the game you get the more intense it is, because the enemy start going around in tank platoons and totaly raping you before you can get a fix on their position.

There was some problems though, when the game progresses the more and more it gets laggy for the server i.e me. Your fps get really bad as the game does alot of complex equations (as it says in the read me), so after about an hour and a half of playing it got kinda annoying (but still playable). So if ever your going to play in a cafe, get a dedicated.

And syx, the dragonfly is a real life vehicle.
    So I don't know about Gi Joe.

[edit] smiles removed as the looked really gay [/edit]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭PyjamaMan

anyone up for a big game of mf cti sometime?

We'd need someone to set up a dedicated for the night :eek:

Advertisement