Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NeoGeo Emulation

Options
  • 26-10-2002 8:25pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭

With the rage of the dragon now available and the fact I've just got me Neocup98 I was wondering what neogeo emulator do you use?

Which NeoGeo Emulator? 9 votes

NeorageX
    0% 0 votes
    Nebula
    88% 8 votes
    Calice
    0% 0 votes
    *Shudder* MAME
    0% 0 votes
    Other?
    11% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Why no Kawaks? i use it because it is the only one with a proper windows gui that will run on a 32bpp desktop, everything else wants 16bpp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bugs

Neorage by a long long long long long way.
    Supports everything but raster in riding hero (no other emu supports everything) and had they just released a couple more versions i'm sure they woulda got the raster effect.

Supports a more intelligent rom banking unlike the others, which is blindingly obvious when kof2000 for neoragex is about 30 megs and for kawaks the fully decrypted version is about 72.

Only had basic options but going much above interpolation makes the games look odd, considering they've only come from a 12 year old machine that has less power than a snes.

BTW, rage of dragons was dumped ages ago, and its pretty crap. Yes the artwork looks good. Yes it was touted as a good game, but its pretty awful. Get sengoku 3, a game that finally improves on something that was pretty bad to start with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Winkawaks has never let me down, tho I haven't tried Neorage yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

kairo you is missing out rageX is a dream to use and so easy to set up , :D

Advertisement