Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leap & three rock

Options
  • 24-10-2002 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭

any sign of leap putting the ariel up on three rock yet to expand their coverage to southside Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

No i don't think so. But my software for IrishBroadband is detecting a signal from 3 rock. I'm just speculating that its an IB mast.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 csaddict

IB are doing an LOS test against 3 rock for me at the end of next week, so I guess that would confirm your speculation, Kevok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

so does this mean that IB are puttin in a ariel also, or is it in already?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

it's already in I think, as I've found an ESSID 3_ROCK with the same ip range (C&W I think) as the IB one on RTE tower. I get a painfully low strength signal though :(
    quozl

• Registered Users Posts: 33 csaddict

That's what they've told me (it's the only one I'd have potential line of site to).

It's not on the big masts, but looking from stillorgan to three rock, it's on the smaller hill to the right in the foreground, roughly where the treeline meets the top of the hill.

Well - that's roughly where they pointed to when they were at my place, so that should give you an idea of whether you'd be able to see the mast. They were in the process of putting it up when they were with me, so I don't know if you can actually see a mast there now...

• Advertisement
Advertisement