Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 - Burnout 2

Options
  • 23-10-2002 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

I was in Game a couple of weeks ago and saw they had preview boxes for Burnout 2. Anyone know if it's actually available to buy yet ? From the screenshots and rolling demo I saw on ps2.ign.com it looks class.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Got this on Friday and man is it good. The sense of speed has to be seen to be believed. Unlike the first Burnout game this is a lot more fun to play. The crahes are just class. Unlike in the first game which was extremely difficult, you don't crash if you tip anything and the cpu controlled cards are beatable. They have done away with coming first, second or third and have opted for a points system to win championships. Having said that, to unlock new cars and competitions you need to win gold in all the races, although it's fairly easy to accomplish.

If you have the first one and enjoyed it I would recommend purchasing Burnout 2, its far better. If you've never played the first one, go out and buy this now, or wait for GTA3 Vice City if you can't get both :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Yep, Burnout 2 is fantastic - best racing game on the PS2 by a long shot, as far as I'm concerned. It's basically the original Burnout with the annoying stuff removed (like crash cutscenes every time you tipped another car), the sense of speed improved, better tracks and graphics, and handling straight out of Ridge Racer Type 4 - mad powersliding antics ahoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Rented it yesterday. Its very cool.

It's SOOOOOO fast *SWOOOOOOSH!!*

I'm chalking her up on my xmas list along with GTA vice.

Advertisement