Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics Card Probs

Options
  • 22-10-2002 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭

I just recently bought a new graphics card (Nvidia Geforce 4 MX440 64 meg) now it's doing all the right stuff with most of my games but theres trouble with others.

Unreal Tournament and Deus X will only run windowed I load them up theres an error message saying helpfully enough "an error has occured" and then they stay in a window and can't be full screened.

Also on Project IGI my mouse pointer disappears on start up and there is no target reticle thing in the game. I can't figure this one out. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Deus Ex was not designed to run on a Nvidia card. You will need to D/L a patch to get it to run correctly.

The same may also apply to the other games you mentioned. Try the websites of the games to see if they is a patch or setting you need to use.

Also what operating system do you use as some games dont like XP and 2K.

This sig may be crap but its still better than Bard's.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

Hmm I had Deus Ex working with same card you have, I didnt download anything to get it working. If I remember right theres an option when you are installing that lists your graphics card. Instead of proceeding , tick the option *show all devices* and try one of the other modes it will now show, it will say mode not supported and it might not work blah etc, but try it. Its either direct 3d or opengl , i forget..... long time since I played it. Well gl with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Get some skillz Dapper. :P How's GTA3 working out for ya anyway?

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by Dr_Teeth
    Get some skillz Dapper. :P How's GTA3 working out for ya anyway?
    Man I'm such a n00b.

GTA3 is amazing although I find myself walking around town having carjacking fantasies while humming a tune from Jah radio which is a little disturbing.

By the way I have a birthday present for you next time I see you just in case you thing I forgot. O geriatric one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭BKtje

right for UT (and deus ex cos it uses the UT engine? ) with a nvidia card use direct3d for best results. If its not in the list do as some one above said and choose show all devices and pick direct3d or maybe opengl(will need a patch or may be super dark).

Deus Ex is exactly the same as it uses the UT engine :)

venom: as rags said it doesnt need a patch at all. not sure where you got that idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Deus Ex will run on a Nvidia card but looks crap and you get terriable frame rates. There is a D3D patch out that sorts out these issues.

Both work grand when I select direct3d.

Thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Oh ya scarin' me now mistah scientist..

Gimme my pressie! :)

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

As regards your missing cursor problems with IGI have at look at Eidos Site

Thanks Shred.

No pressie for you until you hop on one leg barking like a dog teeth.

• Advertisement
Advertisement