Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA3 Vice City

Options
  • 21-10-2002 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭

so whos splashing out on this on Friday ? Personally I'm dying to get my hands on it !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

play.com price it at £32.99 (€52.33). Anyone have any prices for our local irish shops? If its €60 or less I'll get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ondafly

thats wat im doing LoBo - if its silly money like Tekken 4 was - I'll be ordering online but then again - its got an earlier release date in Smyths as compared to Play

no matter though - its gonna be worth it alone for the 9 hours of radio fun - plus getting to releave all those Miami Vice stunts :D and shirts !

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭mfield

I can't wait till this game comes out it's gonna be amazing!

so whos splashing out on this on Friday ?

It's being released on November the 8th is it not?

mfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by mfield
    It's being released on November the 8th is it not?

yes, your right.

Smyths in Blanch have it stated - its on sale on the 25/10 (this Friday)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by ondafly
    Smyths in Blanch have it stated - its on sale on the 25/10 (this Friday)

i dont know which is right.

i have mine preordered from play.com and they say 8th Nov

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

does any1 know when it's out on the pc? i assume the friday release is for the ps2 version?

theres no mention of a pc version yet but i'm sure there will be one.

btw. forgot to point out. its not "GTA3 Vice City." its not an add-on. its GTA4 but its called GTA Vice City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

wont be out till november the 2nd or 8th i forget

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Phreak
    theres no mention of a pc version yet but i'm sure there will be one.

not being smart or any thing, but it's maybe something to do with... "It will be available exclusively for PlayStation2" :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

its GTA4 but its called GTA Vice City.

No it's not. GTA4 is a seperate project which has already started development, afaik.

No word yet on a PC release but it'll probably happen, albeit about six months late.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

A well these days exclusively sometime only means exclusively for a certain time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Speaking of GTA3 for PC, what's the verdict of that? I've played GTA3 on PS2 loads, and i love it, but i don't have a PS2. Did the PC version clear up the annoying niggles from the PS2 version, and improve the graphics, like most people expected?

I'm interested in getting it, although i'm getting a PS2 soon, so... i dunno :)

(and btw, he's right. it's not GTA4, it uses the GTA3 engine, just a different story and stuff, so they can cash in on the monstrous success of GTA3 and offer us more of the same (which is a damn good thing when the same is so good! :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

the graphics and controls are so much sweeter in the pc version, youll need a pretty decent pc to play it tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

Xtra-Vision are releasing Vice City on 8th of Nov.
    I heeard there are 100 vehicles to chose from over GTA3's 40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Kensai

GTA3 on the pc is absolutely sublime, controls are better, graphics are better, can play your own mp3's and the maps have some small improvements.

BTW,
    Got this today from the official mailing list.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City,
    the most anticipated game in history, is coming to shelves
    on October 29, 2002.

Set up camp outside your nearest game retailer, or get
    those last-minute pre-orders in, but don't get left out in
    the cold while the rest of the world frolics amidst the
    beauty and filth of Vice City.

In just one week's time, you will know firsthand that this
    is no idle caution.

"Two minutes after walking into the room, our jaws hit the floor and stayed there."
    PSM, October 2002

"...the undoubted heavyweight champion game of 2002... the unequivocal tour de force of 2002..."
    IGN, October 16 2002

"...jaw-dropping... mind-blowing... a momentous occasion in videogame history"
    Game Informer, October 2002

"It's everything you've been waiting for, and everything you don't expect."
    OPM, November 2002

"...we guarantee you will be blown away... We can confidently tell you now... that the game rocks like no other."
    PSE2, November 2002

Revisit the official Vice City website for updated screens, news, and most importantly, pre-order information

www.rockstargames.com/vicecity

Actually most people I know who've played the PS2 and PC versions far prefer the PS2 one ... *shrug* horses for courses I guess, the general feeling was that the PC port was a very poor job though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

nah, pc version pwns!
    you just need to multiply every figure in the required spec by 3 before you can play it acceptably.

so anyone bought the game ? im not out of work till 4pm - and then it will take me till 5 , before i get to smyths. ARSE - this day will go slow

so anyone bought the game ?

It

Isn't

Out

This

Week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Man i soo can't wait for this game to come out. Its going to be soo madd!! I can't wait to try out all the new weapons, and cars. Espeically the bikes and helicopters!!! I saw some of yeah talking about GTA4, does anybody have any info on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by Balfa
    (and btw, he's right. it's not GTA4, it uses the GTA3 engine, just a different story and stuff, so they can cash in on the monstrous success of GTA3 and offer us more of the same (which is a damn good thing when the same is so good! :D)
    Rockstar majorly improved the GTA3 engine for VC. It looks a lot better, has larger areas, indoor settings, a whole new physics engine, skinned pedestrians, changing outfits, many more weapons, much improved animation and you can now shoot out car tires and kill the drivers.

But the best things must be the ability to dropkick people off bikes and jump out of moving vehicles.

Go to http://gta.gamegossip.com/ to find out more.

Advertisement