Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution Soccer 2

Options
  • 21-10-2002 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

I was lucky enough to get a copy of this game and have given it a good test;-)

It is excellent and am improvement over the Jap iimport which I have played for the last few months.

It feels much slicker although the commentary is quite crap.

Overall an excellent game, well worth the cash when it it out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

cry

when is it coming to the cube?

i fear the cube suffering a paucity of decent soccer games the same way the ninny suffered for driving games.

and there aren't really any decent driving games yet either.

we need an MSR and Pro Evo now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I hear that the new fifa 2003 is more fun. And thats coming from a reliable source.

Can anyone else who has had hands-on experience of both games comment?

And please don't turn this into a pro evo vs fifa flame war, even for the sake of what little sanity i have left :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

I have played the latest Xbxo Fifa but have to say (and not to start a flame war) that Pro Evo 2 is one of the best games I have ever played.

It is so much fun in two player.

You have total control over the players and it is ultra realistic.

Thats me two cents!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Originally posted by Gunn4r

Ha! I'll believe that when i see it.

Don't get me wrong, PES(1) is a great game, but the amount of frustration i've suffered because the game decided for me what my players should do - and refused to consider what i wanted them to do - is enough to make me want to crawl into a toilet bowl and stay there forever.

If PES2 decides even once to remove me from command, favouring its own decisions over mine (no matter how pants mine are) i'm going to hunt you down, Gunn4r, and pull your nostril hairs out one by one!

Nothing personal. Just the furstration. The frustration....

I'm going back to my toilet bowl now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

when is it coming to the cube?

Konami released a press statement recently saying that PES should be making its way to your 'Cube in February 2003

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Originally posted by Gunn4r
    I have played the latest Xbxo Fifa but have to say (and not to start a flame war) that Pro Evo 2 is one of the best games I have ever played.

It is so much fun in two player.

Thats me two cents!
    First, controllers on XboX are horrible, playing footy games with them over a PS2 controllor is just not a nice prospect, symmetrical controllors = good. Secondly, a lot of poeple of always found fifa more fun because you can just run the pitch and score a goal, PES is the fan's football game.

Totally agreed on the xbox controller front.

I actually played PES2 a lot more last night and it is truly fantastic game. I dont know what you means by "fans game"?

Both games are footie games and PES2 is by far the better of the two. Much more realistic. You can run the length of the pitch and score provided you have the skill to do so. If you are used to Fifa though you might find it tricky;-)

Check out the reviews on ps2.ign.com and some user reviews on www.digital-forums.com, this is destined to become the best ever football game imho!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Gunn4r, i have some questions about the game:

(1) Master League, 2player co-op or 2player competetive?

(2) Are teams up to date? e.g. Ronaldo at Inter or Real?

which brings me to (3) Are the club squads aloowed to be edited?

(4) Does the keeper still suffer from the problem where he runs put at the wrong angle when hes at a one-on-one?

and (5) do you think my family will ever see me again when i get PES2 on friday?

(1) and (2) dont know as we have just been playing Friendlies with national teams!

(3) I believe u can! I have seen on other forums people complaining that they are not all up to date!

(4) Nope! Not that I have noticed.

(5) Yer doomed!

Much slicker game, You also have to be careful with X when defending as you can easily foul.

Commentary is slightly annoying but ace gameplay!

Advertisement