Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mouse is dead!

Options
  • 20-10-2002 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen the new NetSmart online ad? Nice to see EsatBT taking a direct hit at eircom!
    I've uploaded it to http://www.iol.ie/~mooneyp/anvil.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Nuphor

Haha, excellenté!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭MDR

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

hehe, go esat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

lol

careful now

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

hehe, thought it was a joke advert when a friend of mine msg'ed it to me

Good going Esat!!!
    does this mean Eircom are going to sue Esat for satire, like they do to everyone else? :D

:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

brilliant and straight to the point
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

classic. if only we could really do that to the mouse and company :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Brilliant! Surprised to see EsatBT taking the Michael. It's nearly as good as something the Boards team would come up with! :D

/me almost roffled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Hehe, played esat:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Now if they'd just do a TV advert using the same theme :D

Would be classic and would really get people talking.

Would certainly make the average joe think about wtf there using there Eircom account still.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 ihatemushrooms

The TV ad would be class!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Hannibal_12

LOL, very nice. The more people realise just how bad €ircon are the better and it really doesn't matter how this is accomplished, through satire etc.
    Nice to see a company like Esat BT taking aim. As big as €ircom are they are not in the same league as BT, hopefully this will inject some much needed impetus into our flacid internet infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

I thought Comparative advertising wasn't allowed in this country. Thats why you allways see Brand X used in the washing powder ads.
    Its only in America that you see the Coke versus Pepsi ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Nobody

Waste of bandwidth! Just as bad as Eircon's rat. Whoever created the .gif could have just as easily placed a squished rat below the IOL anvil in the last frame; and dumped the rest of the sh!te. They still would have got the point home, too. Budgetary concerns I suppose. Each to their own. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

finally... I was waiting for some company out there to murder that annoying bastid of a mouse in some sort of 'acme' like fashion.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Can only say I LOVE IT! :p

OHP

Advertisement