Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircomnet to support v.92

Options
  • 17-10-2002 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭

I don't know if this is old news but I hadn't heard it before...

According to the latest edition of Eircom Live, the internal eircom newsletter, Eircomnet will support v.92 in the near furure.

If you want quotes just ask.
    I'm too lazy to type right now...

b

ps. i''m going to post this Net/Comms aswell.
    Mods delete as necessary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by tribble
    ...Eircomnet will support v.92 in the near furure.

Just like we'll all be using Eircom ADSL in the near future?

Their "near future" is everyone elses 2060.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Or maybe they read in the other thread that UTV plan on implementing it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Who honestly gives a f**k about v.92? Eircom endlessly makes these small tweeny weeny ickle advances seem like a titanic step forward , jaysus do they think Irish people are really this credulous? Hmmm I wonder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Muirthile

... move me to Nets/Comms and then delete this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Eircom to support V.92.

This is fairly good news - I'm glad UTV are supporting it too. Even if it is a tiny technical tweak (alliteration ahoy!) - it gives us all more choice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

I seem to remember PCLive quoting Eircom a few months back that they would support V.92. which of course was a lie on eircoms part !

i rang eircom to question this 2 months ago, and I was bluntly told that "We wont be bothering with v92, it costs too much for the small step up blah blah blah"

so believe only until u see it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Originally posted by tribble
    Eircomnet will support v.92 in the near furure.

Oh wow! Eircom.net are planning on supporting v.92! Well WHOOPADEE - F**KING - DOO! (Note: the sarcasm meter is currently reading 9.5! :D)

It would be more in their line if they introduced FRIACO and €45 per month ADSL. :mad:

Once again, Eircom excels itself at underwhelming everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

"(Note: the sarcasm meter is currently reading 9.5! )"

A sarcasm meter? That's a useful invention *boom*.

I still think it's a slight movement in the right direction.

Look at this way (Aidan, and everybody for that matter): Having v.92 is better than NOT having v.92 support on top of all the other things we don't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by NoelRock
    A sarcasm meter? That's a useful invention *boom*.
    LOL

*sorry, but what are the advantages of v92?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Muirthile

Originally posted by NoelRock
    I still think it's a slight movement in the right direction.
    I fail to see any connection between Eircon introducing a 56k modem protocol and either
    (a) IOFFL's mission to achieve FRIACO and affordable broadband in Ireland or
    (b) Eircon moving in the direction of introducing FRIACO or affordable broadband.

(Someone please put this thread out of its misery ).:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by ando

Err, hmm. AFAIR it allows slightly higher upload speeds and also supports call waiting (something like that)

Muirthile, I found this thread mildly interesting and about as tenously on-topic as the sky thread. I dont really see any reason to move it since theres a few genuinly interested replys. Let it die of old age:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by ando

http://www.v92.com/v92_faq.htm

It's a small step in a (not "the") right direction. Some people will *never* have broadband in Eircom's Ireland. They'll appreciate it.

I'm going to lock this as there's already a thread going on in Nets/Comms about this (and it's more of a Nets/Comms issue)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Bah :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement