Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner Electric?

Options
  • 16-10-2002 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi,

I was just wondering if anymore could recommend a good starter electric guitar??? I've had my acoustic guitar for just under a year now and I love playing!!! And I just wanted to take the next step by getting an electric one. I don't want to pay a ridiculous amount 'cos I don't really have the funds but I know a lot of people will say that I need to get a good one to start with because I'll only end up changing it after a year but so be it!!! I'll be obviously be looking for an amp and what ever else you need to get started. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

B.

P.S.
    I just have a quick question about chords, I've mastered nearly all the Major chords and most Barre Chords (well except for B Major where you have to form a mini Barre with your third finger….I don't think I'll ever get the hang of that!!!!!) the only one I'm having difficulty with is A, I just can't seem to get all my fingers onto the one Fret!!! Is this common??? And will it come to me in time???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Congoose

Some chord books say you should do the mini-barre thing with the third finger but it's a bad habit really.

The best way to do A-type barre chords is to use your index for the main barre and then the three remaining fingers for the notes on the 4th fret (x24442).

I know it seems hard at first but it's worth it, you'll nail it after a while. Barre chords are much easier to play on most electrics anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The easiest way for me is with my index and little fingers, using my middle finger to give "the minor"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

Everyone says the yamaha passifica is a good cheapo guitar and every one says the argos guitars are crap so stay away from them.

I'd say you'd get an ok one for around 250 and a good one for 400 upwards
    Shops to look in - Music maker - Musician inc - Waltons
    Everyone seems to hate the people in waltons well i do any way.
    But there a good shop for beginers and taking your money away.

I wouldn't spend a lot on an amp as you only going to use it for praccy so go with a 10 or 30 watt amp. If you need a bigger one to preform somewhere or something you can always rent a big dirty stack or such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

Cheers!!!

Thanks for the help!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Benbaz,

I have a guitar I'm looking to sell. Check your Private Messages for more details :)

• Advertisement

Koneko,

I sent you a reply but your box is full (suit you sir!!!!) ;)

Koneko,

Please PM me with your details (phone no.) so I can get in touch!!!!!

Benbaz.

Advertisement