Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaelcon Charity Autcion lot

Options
  • 16-10-2002 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭

Hi folks...very special item that James asked for me to post, well, everywhere

I am auctioning a copy of Owl and Weasel #1 for charity.

If you're blinking and going, 'What?' Owl and Weasel #1 was released by Games Workshop in February 1975. It was the company's first publication, and only 200 copies were printed. In 1977, after 25 issues, the magazine changed its name and became 'White Dwarf'.

Originally priced at 10p, Owl and Weasel #1 is an A5-sized four page newsletter with games reviews, puzzles, games variants and a discussion on board versus tabletop wargaming. It's hard to put a value on it because I've never heard of another copy being sold. In fact, there's a good chance that only a handful still exist -- I know of one other copy, and that's in Games Workshop's archives.

If you're a Games Workshop collector, this is pretty much the Holy
    Grail.

This particular copy of Owl & Weasel is signed by Ian Livingstone and Steve Jackson, who have verified its authenticity and mentioned that even they don't own copies of it. I will be auctioning it at the Gaelcon 2002 charity auction, in Dublin on 27th October. All the money raised will go to Gaelcon's usual charities. If you are unable to attend but are interested in placing a reserve bid for this item, or possibly bidding by phone during the auction itself then please contact myself or Colm Lundberg, the convention organiser, at the email addresses below.

James Wallis james@hogshead.demon.co.uk
    Colm Lundberg info@gaelcon.com Gaelcon http://www.gaelcon.com/gaelcon2002/

Advertisement