Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZDnet story: "Telecommuting is healthy for you"

Options
  • 15-10-2002 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭

"More than 90 percent of BT's telecommuters who responded to a European Union-backed survey said they experienced less stress and that their productivity increased--plus, they had more leisure time. Respondents also included among the benefits the ability to multitask, the lack of commuting and the ability to choose when to work."

Full story here:

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105-962056.html

Of course, telecommuting would no doubt work in this country, too, if people could afford to do it! :( Eircom and the government, please take note!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭molinaalexis

I STILL HAVE A DREAM THAT SOME DAY,
    SOME HOW ..........:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

I am the owner/manager of a large IT company* and frankly I find it quite arousing that scores of losers have to struggle out of bed 5 days a week between 6 and 7 am and run like lemmings through the f*ck*d up traffic & public transport system to get to my office where they have to sit for 8 hours squirming in discomfort under my tyrannical gaze.

This has always given me a lot of self-gratification.

*this is a lie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

You don't happen to work for Eircom by any chance, pork99, because that sounds just like their view on teleworking.

Imagine the scene. Philip Nolan looks out of his office window in Eircom HQ at all the peasants trying to make their way through the bumper-to-bumper traffic and laughs tyranically saying, "HAHAHAHA! Look at all those idiots sitting in their cars going nowhere. Oh, how I love looking down on them like this. And that is why I will never make teleworking an affordable option. Looking down on these fools each morning gives me such pleasure! HAHAHAHA!"

Sad but true, folks! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

You don't happen to work for Eircom by any chance, pork99

oh no aidan_dunne I work for a much much smaller company, overall nowhere near as evil as eircom, more "evil-lite...the diet coke of evil" (Dr Evil)

But I still get the impression from some management people that they would be against telecommuting even if it doubled their profits because you need people to come into an office if you are going to boss them around/piss them off effectively and if ya cant do that well jeez whats the point of even being a manager?

Advertisement