Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A horrible beginning

Options
  • 15-10-2002 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Was my eyes deceiving me or did I see a Britney Spears PS2 game on the shelfs, will this be the start of a terrible genre of boyband/girlband invading consoles?:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ummm... if you don't like it, don't buy it. Don't have a hernia about it.

FWIW, I believe its a Dance Dance Revolution/Guitar Freaks type game where you move the joypad in time to the music (and watch Britney shake her ass on screen - if thats what you're into).

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

whilst i hope it's not a trend that continues, pop video games have been around a long long time. britney has been on gameboy before, and don't forget the spice girls game. kiss had an *awful* fps on the dreamcast, cast your mind back some years and even american poodle rockers journey had a game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

The game isn't great, you spend most of the time looking at the directional arrows that scrolls past and try to react according instead of watching Britney bounce...err..so I've been told...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Brittany barbie whats the differnce just aviod all games with pink and gliiter on the cover :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kriss Kross make my video. Now that was a great game:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

What about MaryKate & Ashley's Crush Course!?!?

And to think they'll be legal in a couple of years...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Oh i cant wait or that!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

it's just like film, tv, drink, food, life (etc...etc...) not everything is for everyone

so why should all games be for one or two types of gamers?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah, the game industry is still trying to get into the stupid teenager demographic with relatively little success.

THANK THE LORD! I certainly don't want any precious shelf space devoted to a game tie in with every single bloody manufactured, As Seen On Tv bands album than is strictly required.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

you have a point about "precious shelf space"

but the games industry is growing and s**t happens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yeah, but we don't have to, you know, embrace the shit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Question - why is Britney's Dance Beat crap? Because it's Britney, or because it's a dancing game?

Is Dance Dance Revolution crap? Is Samba de Amigo crap, or Para Para Paradise? They're all fundamentally the same form of game.

Don't judge the license, judge the content of the game. Who cares whose face is on it if its fun to play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Question - Tell me what you think about me, I buy my own diamonds and I buy my own rings!!

But seriously folks, in defence of celebrity licenses, I heartily endorse Mary-Kate & Ashley's Crush Course - top notch material for a good session of furious mast... mastering of the Gameboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

.......and god gets another cute little kitten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Several of them actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    What about MaryKate & Ashley's Crush Course!?!?

And to think they'll be legal in a couple of years...
    i've had a chance to play Mary Kate and Ashley's Get a Clue! another top notch title.

arent they already legal? i remember seeing one of those countdowns untill mary kate and ashley are legal. or was it charlotte church?? i cant remember.

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement