Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EsatBT stating its case...

Options
  • 14-10-2002 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Perhaps there are not many Sunday Business Post readers in here, but I found it stratnge there was such a silience on EsatBT's full page adverts in yesterdays Sunday Business Post. They are also featured on the cover of Computer Scope this month, stating the case for flat rate.

The full page reads as follows (the heading takes up half the page alone)

We Know
    what
    Ireland Inc.
    wants for
    Christmas

It details the roll out of their ADSL offerings in "...many areas of Galway, Cork, Limerick, BAllina, Kilkenny, Thurles and Dublin, amongst others...."

It also states :
    And as the roll-out rolls on, its more proof that at Esat BT we'll do exactly what we say: we'll bring the benefits of a digital Ireland home to the people who live and work in it.

Because Ireland Inc. must also be Ireland Unlimited.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I never think to get the SBP, but I'm glad that the last ad wasn't just a once off, and I hope that they'll continue in this manner. As I've said, half the battle is getting the country to understand just how badly they've been screwed over in the past, and that there are alternatives out there. The Government isn't driving competition, so it's up to industry to do it. I just wish they'd started earlier is all. And I wish somebody would start lobbing DSLAMs into my exchange. *sob* :)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

I'm afraid I was busy reading how to send an email (a wha?) in my full colour internet pull out (Eircon propoganda mag) in the Sunday Independant.

It was covered wall to wall with evil Eircon mice still boasting about their limited per minute access and rickety old ISDN lines..

EsatBT did have a nice little colour ad in the main indo paper about netsmart although, shame they aren't going for the full page ads in the more popular papers..
    I don't know anyone who reads the SBP i'm afraid...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Agree with everything Adam said so I won't repeat it

(except for the wish for DSLAMs in the exchange - Esat kindly already have such items in mine, I just can't justify paying anyone €90pm for it)

If this is the "new" Esat I'm a little more impressed than I used be. I don't know how much benefit it will be to them (or to us) but if it shows the country that there is a(nother - like UTV) nice alternative to Eircom, committed to providing services to customers, it can't do any harm.

The best we can expect from companies like UTV and Esat consists of a commitment to customer satisfaction, commitment to improved services (compared with the incumbent) at better prices and some money thrown at advertising to inform the public in general. If they're both seriously committed to these things, I for one am solidly behind them

This link is on their front page. There is a link to a pdf of the ad at the end of the page:
    sbp_adoct02.gif
    http://www.esatbt.com/esatcom/sbp_adoct02

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

By Christmas, we'll have the potential to offer 400,000 broadband connections across the country

Adam, wanna start a prayer group...............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by David C I'm afraid I was busy reading how to send an email (a wha?) in my full colour internet pull out (Eircon propoganda mag) in the Sunday Independant.

Are they still running that bloody supplement? Thats the old one that the turbine used to run, same thing week in week out for about 4 years, a few new photos and an article about the latest virus every now and then was about all that ever changed...
    Originally posted by David C I don't know anyone who reads the SBP i'm afraid....

Cast off your shackles, escape the O'Reilly clutches, take a great leap and try it. Least your supplements will be less biased towards the rat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

sounds good
    By Christmas, we'll have the potential to offer 400,000 broadband connections across the country. That means always-on, high-speed internet access, working up to 30 times faster than ISDN.

heh nice touch

Cast off your shackles, escape the O'Reilly clutches, take a great leap and try it. Least your supplements will be less biased towards the rat

My parents buy it because they like it... It's always been a tradition in our family for some reason!
    Don't pay much attention to papers anyway.. Sure it's all on t'internet !

BTW.. I notice Esatbt.com is down at the moment.. Seems to be down a lot of late.. all the interest from boards no doubt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 J@ck Chri5tie

Originally posted by David C
    This link is on their front page. There is a link to a pdf of the ad at the end of the page:
    sbp_adoct02.gif
    http://www.esatbt.com/esatcom/sbp_adoct02

What ever they are rolling out, it ain' t for consumers, so why the tease?

JC

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by dahamsta
    And I wish somebody would start lobbing DSLAMs into my exchange. *sob* :)

Youre not the only one! Come on Esat, I dont want to pay 1500 quid for digiweb's installation :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by J@ck Chri5tie
    What ever they are rolling out, it ain' t for consumers, so why the tease?

JC

Well if they offer it to business' for less than 90euros, I'll be registering PiE Ltd as soon as possible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Adam, wanna start a prayer group...............

Actually, I hadn't noticed that. That's Eircom-style misinformation. They should be taken up on that Dave.

adam

Advertisement