Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installation cost for an eircom line

Options
  • 13-10-2002 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

How much does it cost to install a residential line and how much does it cost to subsequently upgrade to ISDN.

Can't find this info. on Eircom's web site and it will be a determining factor as to how hard I'm going to look for alternatives for internet browsing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

From the eircom site:

PSTN line:
    A once-off connection charge of €24.99 applies where there has been previous service on the line and all line work remains in place. A once-off charge of €129.99 applies for premises that have never had previous service or line work needs to be completed.

ISDN line:
    connection charge of 119.99 (inc. VAT) apply.

Don't forget that ISDN rental is €37.50 incl VAT a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

That's obscene, I'll go looking for alternatives.

Time to visit the D15 Wireless Lan threads.

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

what's this about Dublin 15 wireless lans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

check out the wireless forum in technology or go here

Why is it that the likes of ESB and Bord Gais can hook you up to their networks for nothing and their prices in relation to €ircon are much cheaper for supplying something that costs a lot more? They too are a monopoly, but why do they not operate like one? If €ircon operated like Bord Gais for example, we'd probably all be using Fibre to connect at 100Mbits/s by now for €30 a month.

Can anyone shed any light into these matters?

• Advertisement

well this charge must be taken by the builders because I paid nothing for my connection to the ESB in a new house. You may have to pay this charge if you are building a new house yourself though. I'm talking about the average Joe Soap who moves into a new house.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by LFCFan
    well this charge must be taken by the builders because I paid nothing for my connection to the ESB in a new house.
    Well it's included in the house price then...

Advertisement