Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT pulls plug on unlimited net access

Options
  • 12-10-2002 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

My God, most of us here will reach that limit using UTV and that is only at off-peak times. If we had all day to log on it would even be worse.

Yeah, but as you probably know, that doesn't really prove anything. The majority of Boards.ie users, in particular the ones that come in here, are hardcore users. Probably more than 3% at the moment, but I doubt it's more than 5-10%.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

This was brought up in a thread weeks ago. BT's largest competitors, including Tiscali, Freeserve and AOL, have all stated that they have NO PLANS to follow suit or introduce any limits.

So there. Flat-rate 24/7 is alive and well in the UK. Don't panic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I know that most people who post on the IrelandOFFLine board are big internet users, but I know that there are plenty of people who do their surfing/downloading at work, and maybe log on for 10 hours or less from home .. to post on the IrelandOFFLine board! ... is there any chance of a moderator setting up a poll as to how many do their surfing/downloading at work, just to keep their phone bills down (or their wife of their backs):D

Advertisement