Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"In Flames" sound?

Options
  • 11-10-2002 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Does anyone have any idea of how to get that old in flames/ dark tranquility gothembourg sound thing? I read that most of them use peavey 5150s, but does anyone know a cheaper solution? ;)

Also, does anyone know if the esp f 200 is ok? I'd probably have to import it, and not be able to test it out first... :( but it's the coolest looking damn guitar i've ever seen. Don't know much about those emg hz pickups though.

149728.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've got a digi-tech effects thingie, and I can get a pretty similar sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭/|/)etal)-|ead

yeah i've a digitech gnx 1, can u give me some ideas about the settings, please? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

well I'm sure with the Line 6 SLO or dual rec you could probably get (very) close (esp the SLO). I'm sure the v-amp has something similar,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

I dunno much about gettin' the Gothenburg sound (never tried), I reckon you'd nail it with a pod though. Anyhoo, here are 2 links to Harmony Centrals reviews of the ESP/LTD f-200:

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/ESP/F-200-01.html

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/ESP/LTD-F-200-01.html

I think your safe enough going for an ESP without testing it, all the ESP's I've played were serious guitars. Try www.music123.com for good prices on ESP's.

thanks for the links black wizard, its a few hundred cheaper on music123 than that big german online music superstore :)
    Hopefully I'll be able to get in in a few months. I read that most of those bands with the Gothenburg sound use gibson gothic explorers, but they're too damn expensive :( Anyway I think the
    f-200 still looks cooler :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

No problem.

Yeah, the f-200 is way cooler than an explorer IMO.

By the way I have EMG-HZ pickups in my guitar and they're great pickups, you get a really heavy sound from them. I hope to put EMG 81's in when I get enough cash together :).

in case anyone's interested, ESP have some restriction on US shops exporting their stuff, can't find anywhere that will - Looks like it's back to thomann or whatever its called :(

Advertisement