Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling All Tekken Players!

Options
  • 11-10-2002 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Lo all,

I've been searching the country up and down for the best of the best of the best... erm.. TEKKEN players. The reason for this is ultimatly to have a big competition (pissup) and have a laugh playing Tekken (and may be other fighting games).

I have set up a yahoogroup to try and get an idea of how many people would be interested in something like this...

So if you reckon you'd be worth a shot at the KING OF THE IRON FIST TOURNAMENT... THEN

ENTER THE TEKKEN

Morgan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

there was a guy a while ago here, boasting his skillz - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=61841

Also there where some other tekken players in that thread as well.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,508 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I think it's just an excuse to take out all the people who think tekken requires skill in one go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

ha go into the canteen in kevin street and go into the little arcade thats there now look at the tekken3 machine now looks at the fastest time there. its me ahhahahhhhahhh set way back in 1999 and it still aint been beaten hahhhahhhahhhaaahha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    ha go into the canteen in kevin street and go into the little arcade thats there now look at the tekken3 machine now looks at the fastest time there. its me ahhahahhhhahhh set way back in 1999 and it still aint been beaten hahhhahhhahhhaaahha

Errrrr, last time i was there was with batman_oh, and unless you happen to have the same initials as him i don't think you have the top time, cos his was somewhere in the 1 minute region if i remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭batman_oh

astrofool ill play u at tekken tag and i guarantee i can beat u 100-0 by pickin random select characters
    u dotn understand the game so dont be stupid knockin it
    u have never seen any1 who knew what they were doin
    tamylon, we are havin a meet in kevin street college next wednesday for tekken, a fair few should be turnin up, so if u want to meet up for that, and by the way the tip time in kevin street was set by me while up there with a mate of mine last year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Tamylon

Hmmmm

Sounds to me like there are a few people out there that would like to play Tekken!

Well, here's what I'd like to do.
    Get a pub... somewhere... probably Dublin cos most the players will be there...
    And get a big screen.
    And play lots of Tekken and get wasted.

I've set up a group for people who want to play serious Tekken.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tekken_irl/

Feel free to go there and sign up.

Ideally we'd be looking for Namco/Sony to sponsor a proper Tekken Irish Championship in the future. Almost every other country has one, but there was never enough interest in Ireland for it.

Mobri

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I ma intrested in a comp in tekken.Where bouts would it be .Maybe one in Galway and Dublin or something.I am in Galway anyhow.I am pretty ok in tekken but I am not saying anything cos I dont want to get shot down by other players. Also I prefer any other tekken than tag .Only because I like chosing one character and having two is a bit annoying .
    ANy way is this comp going to happen and is so where?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Also I was thinking if sony dont sponser this put other games like street fighter and vf4 and DOA2 ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Tamylon

In the short term, Sony or Namco or anybody like that won't be involved. Personally I'm just trying to get enough people to play the game I love.

So far, most the reponse I've had has been from people in Dublin. After that, there also seems to be a large enough interest in a selection of people in Cork and Belfast.

There are a lot of other people out there that would love to play Tekken (or other fighting games) in a pub etc, but they don't all access boards, or tekkenzaibatsu etc so hopefully if we could get a regular meeting place for games, the word would spread and after a while it could take off.

If I do organise a place to play games, it will be in Dublin city centre and more than likely be a pub.

For somewhere like Galway, its pretty far for me to travel to, but I would if there was enough interest there.

Mobri

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I owned the tekken machine in kevin st loads of time..
    look for the initials RM ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭batman_oh

maybe the awesome skillz of ryo kazami was it? will appear at a meet
    i wanted to beat him so bad!

Advertisement