Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

EsatBt

• 10-10-2002 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ Static M.e.

Has anyone got one ot these new lines , that were brought in ?

512/256 20/1

If so , how are they working for you ? worth getting ? etc
    im looking for people who got the house lines for personnel
    use.

I heard they are coming into galway City in the next 6 weeks
    @ 270 per quarter , which isnt bad at all considering . Im thinking
    that 4 comps per line shouldnt be a problem , should it ?
    ( for Online gaming mostly )

Anyone any more info for me plz ?
    Or any views ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 spongebob

they exist in Limerick and Cork(only this week)

see the Irelandoffline or Net/Comms forums

in Galway they are still vapourware but will operate to the same standard as the Limerick ones whihc have been installed a few months now, see what the Limerick people say.

Expect the first hookups in Galway before Christmas. These will be custumers of CK electronic. Direct customers will ahve a lower priority I have heard.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 leeroybrown

http://www.galway.net/

There is an information evening on next thursday (17-10-02) in the Radisson in Galway. Details on the site above.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ daveg

We have just signed up for the DSL line with EsatBT (Cybercafe). Details are as follows...

They have 3 exchanges in Galway - Citycenter, Mervue and I'm not sure about the third. Prices are as follows....

512K down 256K up €90pm
    1M down 256K up €205pm
    2M down and 256K up €400pm

All are flat rate and there is a setup fee of €125 (which is being waved).

Trials start in October (give or take 19 working days for Eircoms end). The trial is for 1 month and then they are taking perm subscriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ Static M.e.

Thanks for the info guys.

Ive checked the Irelandoffline forum , no real info I could find
    about the gaming end of it.....

I meen it I think it should work but , I suppose Im really looking for someone to tell me IT WILL WORK defo...

Anyway Ill keep looking , maybe they will tell me something good on thursday.

: )

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Robbo

They have 3 exchanges in Galway - Citycenter, Mervue and I'm not sure about the third. Prices are as follows....

Actually, its just the city center one (behind the GPO in Eglington St) and the Mer-voo exchanges.

The glaring ommission is the Shantalla exchange, apparently it's full to the roof with Eircom gear, most of which is redundant, from what I've been told...

• Advertisement
Advertisement