Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mic's and stuff

Options
  • 10-10-2002 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Dunno if this is the right place to ask but
    Whats the best Brand of Mic?
    And how much would you have to pay for a decent one?

A friend of mine is gona be forced to buy one as he was using a bashed up piece of crap and it kept cutting out and giving a load of painful feedback. Well it was still less damage to my ears than his sing'n (oh oh, see what i did there)

Any way help if u can.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Shure mics are very good quality and some models can be picked up quite cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Scon

I'd suggest a Shure SM58

These things have been around for years and have gained a trusted reputation. You can pick one up for about 100quid and they'll last because they can take knocks better than most.

I got one free and from my experiences with it I'd go out and buy another one if I ever lost it.

Other good brands are numan and akg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

sm58 is yer only man;)

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

Any reputable brand, just stay away from Behringer. You'll thank me when your SM58 doesn't blow up in your hand...

Advertisement