Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircommies are forcing direct-debit payments?

Options
  • 09-10-2002 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

I recently reconnected to the evil "E" so I could avail of the Esat NotSmart service.

Today I got a "Telephone Service Agreement" letter stating that:

"As agreed by you, I have included a Direct Debit mandate for completion"

1 - I most certainly did not request DD

2 - The phone call consisted of the following:

Me - "Hi I'd line my line reconnected"

Eircom - "No problem. There'll be a charge of €24.99"

Me - "OK, When will it be back up?"

Eircom - "Should be back up today."

Me - "Fine. Will that be charged to my first bill?"

Eircom - "Yes"

Me - "OK, that's fine. Bye"

Eircom - "Bye"

The sharp-eyed among you may notice absolutely no mention of DD here. Are they trying to pull a fast one? I wanna find out what the facts are before I go trying to talk to one of them.

As for Esat, well, it's been 9 days since I sent the form and my account is STILL pending. I've tired of the daily phone calls and have resigned myself to the fact that they're every bit as incompetent as they were in the SNL days (if not more)

The UTV one seemed good, but i went Esat for 2 reasons:

1 - Don't like minimum contracts.
    2 - Figured all you guys would be on UTV and teh speeds would suck :)

Well, it's only for a few months...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Go this thread,
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63579&goto=lastpost

get the access number (password/user netsmart) and set up a manual connection to see if it works. I'm connected now. Speeds seem fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Protocol7

thanks for the info!

just tried it

and remembered what was the single most annoying thing about SNL...

the constant engaged tone.

*beep* *beep* *beep* *beep*

that's something I haven't heard from my modem since Esat "asked me to leave"

No panic, I'll give it a try later and see if I can actually connect.

Back on Eircommie for now. Always connect first time every time. If only someone would shoot the lot of them and bring in flat rate on their network.

BTW I will pay handsomely for the head of that frickin mouse from the TV ad in the event of a massacre at Eircom HQ.

Advertisement