Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus cant see, so have to go for Esat

Options
  • 09-10-2002 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Well, Chorus monkey came out today for their Powernet package. Attempted a test for my house, problem, big feckin University of Limerick in the way!!!

So im going to go for Esat DSL. Ive read the powerpoint document in the "Cork" thread. Anyone here have dsl in limerick?? Any problems/complaints? How long do they take, ive just submitted the online request (order form )

Oh, and quartley (spelling??) is that like every three months?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Oh, and quartley (spelling??)

Quarterly.

is that like every three months?

Yip.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Drazhar

If you're out near UL I assume you're on the Castletroy exchange.

AFAIK they haven't upgraded it yet. And it's one of those small mini-exchanges so there isn't enough room for Esat to fit any equipment in.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH

God is mocking me, im telling ya

Well, we dont have a phone line in the house already. Not sure what bloody difference this makes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Jim, ring esat and ask about the exchange. maybe the house isnt on the on you think it is. Alternatively get isdn and UTVip and go mental :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

Where abouts in limerick are you? I'm in castletroy, I've rang chorus about getting powernet installed waiting for them to get back to me. Whats the story with it, where do you need a line of sight to, and were you going to have to pay the non-residential fees?
    Is DSL available in castletroy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

If your around College court, or some of Milford Grange, get them to test it, you never know. If your living up around Superquinn or up at that water tank you should be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You need line of sight to Keepers Hill. If you're standing at the Kilmurray roundabout facing the road out of Limerick, its at about 10 o'clock (if you know what I mean!)

- Dave.

Advertisement