Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with UTV and Hotmail

Options
  • 08-10-2002 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭

I started my UTV account today and now I can't sign into Hotmail - or indeed, any wesbites with secure connections.

(I know this isn't a UTV helpline forum but I'm really stuck)

Is it something to do with the proxy settings the UTV dialup program changed?

Please help a thicky.... :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

You dont need the proxy settings as UTV have a transparent proxy inplace for out going port 80 connections.

So just disable it and it should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Hi again.

I tried that and then tried to reconnect but I couldn't because of a "configuration error" - so I enabled it and I still got the same message.

The Proxy settings which the signup program gave me are:

"ie-cache.utvinternet.com" "Port 8080"

(Sorry for being a pain :( )

ps. I've tried making a manual connection using the phone number (135131890 etc) and my username and password (no touched the proxy settings box) and it still won't connect now

Things have gone from bad to worse now....

I've reset all the settings back to what UTV gave me and I can't connect at all ! I keep getting an error message:

Error 775: The remote computer may be blocking your connection because of a caller ID rule, a scheduling policy that allows access only during specific times, or another setting"

..so I tried ringing 0111 222 333 and it was engaged, rang again and got the recorded message, then engaged, then the message etc etc etc.

Could this be eircom changing the caller ID thing or a UTV problem?

(I'm going to email the helpdesk thing anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Same here, I was trying out some new TCP/IP stack settings and the whole thing went cuckoo.

Reverted back to the original settings and nothing. And I keep getting a line busy tone too. UTVi is a great service and I hope they can get this fixed asap!

On €ircon now... :o

• Advertisement

I can't even get an engaged tone now - just Error 775

I've emailed Customer Support with all the details anyway so hopefully something should happen.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

I've been using UTVi for the last two weeks and have had no problems with hotmail (or any other site). God knows whats causing it for you..

Try ringing 1890 926111, their support. They are very helpful

Cheers LoBo.

I found out late last night that a manual connection I tried was now working, so I rang the helpline number you suggested and the girl said as long as I was dialling the 13513 1890 xxx xxxx number which I was given and used my username and password everything would be fine - and it is! :D

Thanks to UTV support and this forum for help

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement