Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

promoting this board - relived

Options
  • 07-10-2002 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

So we've had idea's for banner swapping/stickers and whatnot.

Paddy has kindly linked directly to boards.ie and this forum from his well updated site www.skateboardirish.com. I'm sure he'd appreciate having his site hosted by yourselves here without the popup mayhem in geocities if that would be possible. It will give him a less annoyed group of regular visitors who could enjoy browsing the site as it should be and help bring a little more attention this way.

If anyone from woodwrx is reading this can you confirm for me if the planned event is going to happen for the 26th and 27th so I can announce it here too/will the insurance problems prohibit it from going ahead?

Ideas/suggestions/criticisms etc welcome, lets help get this show on the road.

My other wee suggestion is I have Boarderco's latest video 9 Miles To Ireland video by Wayne Gallagher converted to windows media viewer, it's decent quality but lacks sound and comes in around 100mb in size, can anyone afford to host this file for me to get it out there on the short term or at a reasonable price so I can link to it on the longterm to spread the word and show people that we are doing very well in a more diversified set of sports aside from rugby/soccer/golf etc. we have other incredible and unknown hidden talents in our wee island :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Send me a banner and I will put it on the Bungee Site
    and Also I will ad a Links Page with some of your sites

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

If anybody wants to link to my site my banner is in my sig. Post here or pm me and I'll link back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

ok we'll have to make a start with the banners so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Maybe if you could get a few sites (relevant sites, Extreme Sports) to link to this board, and use this board as the forum of that site.

To be honest the whole point of a MB is to find out the ska, the gossip and what exactly is happening around the place, it is pointless for some sites having a board where ten people visit it in a month. It serves no purpose, it would be good for those sites and good for this board if all that traffic came here.

Approaching them and getting them to do it is another thing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Hey skate

Thats a good Idea do you design your on site .............. I already have a link on mine to this forum but as you said we need alot more happening and maybe organise adventure weekends in Ireland and abroad for people that interested in the same stuff as we are ///////// what do you think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Hey I have a banner too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Has anyone approached http://www.irishrolling.com/, they have a fairly big following and are heavily involved in comps and so forth.

Probably a good place to reach most of the inline community.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

thanks logic

Advertisement