Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Eircom increasing 1891 access by 37%

Options
  • 07-10-2002 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Just been looking at the document at
    http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/pending.pdf due to come into affect this month. It details new eircom charges. According to it 1891 rates are going to incease. I've outlined the changes below:

1891 Internet Access Current Rates
    Peak - 0.0195c per min
    Offpeak - 0.0097c per min
    Min Call Charge is 6.35c per call at all times

1891 Internet Access New Rates
    Peak - 0.0268c per min (37% increase)
    Offpeak - 0.0133c per min (37% increase)
    Min Call Charge is 5.2440c per call at all times

So by the looks of it, eircom are increasing 1891 access by 37% as well as removing it from their circle of friends discount scheme!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Thanks was looking for this comparison. Let's not jump to conclusions....wait that's no fun let's do, it's another disgrace heaped onto the large Eircom pile.

Now that they've strangled the internet in Ireland maybe they're looking to kill it off. Then next year they can introduce Minitel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭MDR

Let's not jump to conclusions....wait that's no fun let's do
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

.0133c?
    Sounds like wholesale... or sould that read 1.33c/m?
    If it is, it'd be more than the non subscription price of 1.26c/m.. meaning that you'd be paying EXTRA for more expensive calls!
    Sounds like €ircom alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Originally posted by David C
    .0133c?
    Sounds like wholesale... or sould that read 1.33c/m?

hehe... €0.0133c with the euro symbol
    Yep it does make it more expensive.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Did anybody actually check this out? I find J.G.Ryan's little missives a bit impenetrable.

I rang the ould biddies on 1901 and they didn't know what I was talking about. But that's nothing new.

Also, from looking at that publication, it looks to me as though 1891 is still included in the Eircon Options discounts, even though its been dropped from the circle of friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

...and a bigger one after Sceptre dumped me into net/comms to defend my thread about the €ircon pr0n dialler prices gouge in the most recent pending.pdf. And I thought that caveat emptor was a qualified warning nowadays.

That pending diocument is a rolling list covering about a six week period,I am archiving them (the pending.pdf file) now so if anybody wants them PM me.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭pepsiman

Originally posted by patrickmooney
    1891 Internet Access Current Rates
    Peak - 0.0195c per min
    Offpeak - 0.0097c per min
    Min Call Charge is 6.35c per call at all times

1891 Internet Access New Rates
    Peak - 0.0268c per min (37% increase)
    Min Call Charge is 5.2440c per call at all times

Per minute (inc. VAT):
    Peak - 1.95c per min
    Offpeak - 0.97c per min

Per second (ex. VAT):
    Peak - 0.0268c per second
    Offpeak - 0.0133c per second

Same price, no increase.

I think it's just that Eircom have included the 1891 numbers in Eircom Options.

/Thomas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

The Reason Internet charges are been raised is due to the OTDR
    How this works is............
    Any company that gains revenue for a telco is intitled to a cut of the pie as Eircom Net are for there internet service .......... But the the OTDR have said that eircom have to give a cut of the full price of the call not just the discounted amount /// so blame the ODTR for this as it is a knock on effect and there not much you or I can do about this

the OTDR there great arnt they I have still to see them do something good for telecommunications in this country Good old Etain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Originally posted by pepsiman

I think it's just that Eircom have included the 1891 numbers in Eircom Options.

/Thomas

Good one Thomas, it does appear to be per second! No increase then.....maybe next month....and there was me getting my hopes up!

ok now i am totally confused.

In simple terms, just for my benefit, is there or isn't there a price increase???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Wasnt it that eircom expluded 1891 numbers from Circle of friends and eircom options?

because you could add them before, but now you loose out on that discount ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭pepsiman

Originally posted by flamegrill
    Wasnt it that eircom expluded 1891 numbers from Circle of friends and eircom options?

because you could add them before, but now you loose out on that discount ?

1891 numbers was positively not part of Eircom Options up to now. And I don't think they could be included in Circle of Friends - but local number Internet access numbers could (e.g. 01 819 2401).

it was possible to add it to circle of friends - i had the number registered there before i switched to that options gold thing - thats the most confusing carry-on, it produces two pages of discount information at the end of every bill, and there is all this adding on and subtracting lark, (like we dont charge you for ISDN call answering, but we charge you anyway so we can take it off again on the discounts page to make it look good)

but if they add 1891 to to Opions Gold I'll be happy to accept the additional discount for another little while, until i can get shot of them altogether.

now please, would someone end my misery, is the cost of 1891 increasing or not ??? The Guru says yes, Pepsiman says no. And the 1891 biddies didn't understand the question.

Advertisement