Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lone Wolf and Cub

Options
  • 07-10-2002 3:21pm
    Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

I got the first two volumes of Lone Wolf and Cub last week. It is about a wandering ronin who travels around Japan with his son. He is hired by various people (from whores to province leaders) to assassinate their enemies. Apart from the cinematic sequences where he accomplishes his missions, what makes it interesting for me is that he requires all his clients explain exactly why they have need of his services. His reputation is such that none refuse his request. This turns the episodes from a repetitive TV series-alike to an interesting delve into the mind of Feudal Japan. Also, the use of Japanese words (with a handy glossary at the back) really immerses you in the time.
    The art works is good, but occasionally I found it hard to distinguish between faces. The small size of the books also meant I had to squint to read the small text. It has a very epic feel and reminds me very much of the films The Seven Samurai and Yojimbo.

Overall a super little comic. Go read.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I got the first 8 each month as they were rereleased but now money is an issue so I've only gotten to volume 13... but someday... all 28... mmm...

Frank Miller swears by it. That was enough for me. GO! <It's, in my opinion, possibly my favourite comic series ever>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Yeah, it's cool. I've only got the first volume at the moment, but I like it. It's sort of like Blade Of The Imortal, but better I reckon. Not my favourite manga ever, but damn fine never the less.

Advertisement