Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeez not only do you remove threads or mish mash em up with others but you close them

Options
  • 06-10-2002 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Can't belive the ott mod attitudes here.......

The post I referred to was a combination of ESAT and game pinage.

No no way was the post of mine which you mish mashed with another got anything to do with game pings.

Can you just not let people post here or maybe I'm mistaken when I read the word Forum :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Try the Net/Comms forum instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yea, theres forums for those posts and this isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Nuphor

I concur. This isn't the place for such trivial postings. If you've got a problem with one of the Mods, pm or email them. Don't post it here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Perhaps someone should explain...

JANER, IrelandOffline is a pressure group, and the IrelandOffline forum is a place for members to come and discuss the issues, the campaign, etc. It is usually against the rules for members to discuss commercial services here, however an exception was made because the partial flat-rate services released by UTV and Esat BT represent a substantial change in the industry, and of course because UTV made an unprecedented decision to come in here and talk directly to us. However, most of us don't want to see the forum turn into a sales outlet, or a support forum, so the exception is limited to the existing threads. Basically, you have three options open to you:

a) You can post in the pre-existing thread.
    b) You can post in the Nets/Comms forum.
    c) You can contact Esat BT about your issue.

I would recommend the third option. While you're onto them, you might remind them that they control a rather large datacenter in Dublin, Esat X, in which my friend and colleague Dave should be able to set up an installation of vBulletin or phpBB in minutes.

There is a fourth option, which is to continue whining like a little girl. I imagine this option will not be available for much longer.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

At the end of the day pings don't make a blind bit of difference to anybody here, its some "nice" to have. But this forum isn't here for niceties.

While pings have received brief mentions in the past here(and I stress brief) It was usually more to do with network routing or comparing one broadband service to another service in the initial stages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by Boston
    At the end of the day pings don't make a blind bit of difference to anybody here

I'm sorry, but i completely disagree

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Boston, Pings make a big difference to some people on this forum. Admittedly, they arent the end of the world but there is some crossover and they cant be written off.

Janer, Ive been away for the last few days so im not sure what your original post was about (although i doubt that sceptre would do anything out of order, hes immensly fair when it comes to modding this forum). This post however is irrelevant, moany and is now locked.

As you can see this forum is extremely busy, so we need to keep it focused to the issues at hand. Duplicate posts are removed/merged and off-topic posts are moved to the relevant forums. In this case, the recycle bin :)

Email/pm me or sceptre if your unhappy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement