Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to raise my rates without feeling guilty

Options
  • 05-10-2002 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

I was charging £3.00 per page for basic typesetting before the changeover, which was €3.81. At the time of the changeover I raised my rates 2.3% to €3.90. I didn't feel too bad about that, since it had been years since my rates had risen at all. And it was clearly shown in both currencies on my invoices.

Now after nine months of living with the euro I find I really want to raise my rates again at least 5% to €4.10 per page. Inflation seems a lot higher than that, at least to what I seem able to do with my money.

If I do this being one of the bad guys? It seems to me I haven't much choice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Ah ye' might aswell.... stick it up to a fiver there Yoda.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Gerry

I've no idea whether thats a good rate or not. If you feel that your prices are much lower than what people are willing to pay, I suppose you could hike it a bit. The real problem is when you go down to the shop for a pint of milk and get ripped off, but you need the pint of milk so you get it anyway. ( Actually our college canteen here in maynooth is even more expensive for a pint of milk, I think its 72c ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

According to Dermott Jewell, the Consumer Association of Ireland will be raising the issue of Euro Price hikes with the Tainiste on the 14th of this month.

However from the what I could tell the consumer association is not planning any kind of protest on the Greek scale, which seems a pity.

Anyway Yoda, raise your prices if you have to, you don't need premission, but, if you like, you can say an act of contrition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Probably will. As a Buddhist I doubt an act of contrition will have much effect. Om mani padme hum.

Typedef, your dyslexia is showing. "Premission" in your post and "Requanfity" in your sig. :eek:

Advertisement