Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pond Liner

Options
  • 02-10-2002 8:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

Looking for a large piece of decent quality(heavy black rubber??) pond liner of about 50' x 20'. Don't imagine that I'll be able to get it as one piece, but does anyone know where I can get this at a reasonable price. Had a look in the pond place opposite Baldonnel last month, but the money they want is scary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

You could try a roll of Visqueen DPC (Danp Proof Course), which is basicly a heavy gauge poly shhet. It comes in rolls that I expect are bigger that the area you want for about €20-30 from a builders providers

I don't know if it will be sufficient for a pond but it might be worht checking

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

http://www.kilkennyaquatics.ie/wspondbuilding.htm ?

These guys are located beside us.... no interest in ponds so I don't know about their pricing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Borzai,

Hmm, I'd love to believe that DPC would do the job as it'd be the deal of the century. I know a structural engineer so he should know what it's capable of.

Licksy20,

Thanks for the link. They seem to be a fair bit cheaper than the Dublin gang and the 6 or 8 metre strips should do me fine, though still heading for €300.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 writeaccess

Cant rem how much my liner cost but i do know that it was 50% cheaper in B&Q in newry than anywhere in dublin including the exchange rate.
    B&Q have opened in Dublin since but i heard their prices are way higher than newry

Advertisement