Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to play?

Options
  • 01-10-2002 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Where is the best place to play op flash on the net? Im only on 56k but i luv op flash 2 bits and would love 2 try it out online!

**/<::ë::/\/**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Afaik there's no Irish servers - unless ye want to start hosting evening ones yerselves for a kick-about :)
    I'd like to get one decent Opflash box running in ireland, with prehaps a 6-10 player limit, so taht people on decent 56k and 64kISDN would have a chance.

With All-Seeing-Eye I've only seen english and european servers.
    Most of whom will kick you off if your not 128k ISDN or broadband.
    Also, I've yet to find a server taht's running 1.75 (resistance), i've seen plenty running 1.46-1.60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Carbiens

sorry for being a bit off topic but **/<::ë::/\/** , how do you pronounce that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 **/<::ë::/\/**

My name is ken i just tried 2 use symbols 2 spell my name! Wot sorta missions do u do on multiplayer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

If you let the all seeing eye auto update itself you should get a filter for OFP:Res. Played a few times, an austian server and a english server. I'm on 64k isdn, it was pretty good, I was pretty crap :D

It's hard to get into a game, usually having to wait for a "game in progress" to finish because there are very few servers there that have ok pings. And then once you get in on a game it can take the other players quiet a while to settle down. I'd say put down a good hour for playing just one round.

rob

Class :)

Just updated it there.

Also, Res v1.85 is on the way out :)
    Along with a Linux dedicated server.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Carbiens

Originally posted by **/<::ë::/\/**
    My name is ken i just tried 2 use symbols 2 spell my name! Wot sorta missions do u do on multiplayer?

i see it now, cool.
    believe it or not i've never played on multiplayer, used to make a lot o' missions though. but i recently deleted the lot. quite a shame really but i really needed the space (i deleted op-flash to put lord o' the rings almost perfect quality on my hard drive:cool: !)
    you make any missions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Wtf about all the lan games you played? AND WHERES THE OPFLASH CD YA TIT! FIND IT BEFORE I MELT YOU

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

Hey guys, well, if you're looking for somewhere to have a few games, take a look at 194.162.31.100 port 2234. I run www.ofpladder.com and i use it for that site. Sometimes it will be in use due to ladder games but the rest of the time its free to b played on. Its pretty fast, its on a 100mb shared line in germany, i'm also 56k and it runs fine with me. hope u guys use it and like it - would nice to see other irish people the odd time.

could you pm me with the contents of your dedicated server config files? I'll edit them, it's just I don't have a copy atm to put up on the server and it's (hopefully) the only thing holding it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

would someone send me there opflash config file (remove cdkeys if they are there), it all I'm missing I think from setting up a server for u.

• Advertisement

Paddy (Cyan) says the server is up now.

Make use of it :)

I'll be offline myself for a while, as there's no phone cable in the house I'm living in this year and it's iffy whether we'll get one or not.

Might see about bringing my box down to a postgrad lab with the ports open.... :)

games2.iol.ie is the server address isn't it Rev?

Advertisement