Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milton Keynes?

Options
  • 26-09-2002 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

Have to go there for a few days, has it got any fun places to go to at night? We are travelling by car so hope to go into London after 5 or 6 for the night but I'm just worried about getting back, is it possible to train back after a night out in London or is it too far?

How much is the train to London?

any help appreciated, thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ohgratuitous

how did it go? i've only just seen the thread! i've been to milton keynes a few times (and got lost) and have gone to see a few bands there, but, no, i probably wouldn't have been able to recommend night life!

did you, per chance find any?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Well, I'm here now and all I can see are endless criss cross roads and numerous feckin roundabouts. This is such a mad place, cant even find a pub!!

There is one central place with a massive indoor shopping complex, one part has an indoor snow slope. Cool but the only cool thing here is that :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Gordon
    one part has an indoor snow slope. Cool but the only cool thing here is that :(

you could buy some tinnies Gordo and slide up and down the slope.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ohgratuitous

yeah, anytime i've been to MK, i've just driven around in the hope that i get to my destination eventually. there's a roundabout per head of the population, definitely! it's not the best place to be! how long are you there for? i'm not helping am i?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

If you can get out of the town the countryside around Milton Keynes (go east) is full of pretty villages and good local pubs. I've never been to a pub in the town as I've always been too desperate to get out of it. If your desperate there's a crap bar in the train station.

PS: Don't go near Bletchley, it's another dump.

• Advertisement

heeh, yeah maybe I'll go to the slope and make the snow yellow!

And actually, Occidental, every single road sign seems to point to Bletchley, it is extremely surreal!

I'm here for another 2 days (travelling back by car! :() Apparently there are some hidden pubs but the whole town is just so ghost town like I don't think we'll bother. Heading off to London for a night on Wednesday just when the fuppin underground-to-a-halt will go on strike.

Hi to Dublin, I know you all miss me like crazy etc! Ooh yeah, interesting pictures from Galway :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I know you all miss me like crazy

ya, I'm contemplating putting and end to it all if you don't come back soon!

Be still, be calm, be happy, be grand... I am back. I am back to help you through this difficult life. I am back to release you from slavery and drudgery. I am here, don't worry. Don't give it a second thought because I have the first answer. Don't be sad, be glad. Turn that frown inside out and don't worry - be furry.

I have seen... I have seen Milton Keynes and God said it was a dive. God sayeth untoeth me-eth to bespake without mercy unto all that doth feel bad. God spaketh thusly and saidest this...

"Gordon, thou have seen the depths of man. You have seen the dreg of this heaven I have created for you. I have shown you it all and now you will make realise my people that they live in beauty in the land of milk and honey. You will tell them this, O Gordon: 'Do not be sad fair women and men, because you could be living in a shîthole like Milton Keynes'. Go now O Gordon, he said. Go now and spread my word unto the minions."

Hey don't shoot the messenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

*click* *click*

now now WWm, just be careful because you could hit my ellyphanty and we don't want that. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

We don't?

... well... I'm under strict instructions not to let any harm befall said ellefant.

toot toot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement