Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaked first draft of eMinister's petition response

Options
  • 24-09-2002 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Welcome as it is, eMinister Mary Hanafin's response to the Internet petition is, well, a bit on the predictable and dull side.
    Read the first draft of her letter, leaked to us today - what an embarrassment for the government again - here.

Regards

Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Yup, thats the reply I got!

TBH I wasnt actually expecting a reply, so the fact that someone in her dept had to sit down, read our points, and draft a response probably means that the awareness of what the consumer wants is being raised a notch or two.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

hehe, thought this line was hilarious:
    It is important to let Eircom have its way. Sorry, that should read to allow commercial negotiations
    Keep up the rapist wit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

yes! it seems these dpt have nothing better to do than compile reports that completely avoid the issue at hand.
    i have sent many mails to many dpts regarding the issues and all they do is avoid answering the question directly and quote what they expect,like,see as the way forward etc.. etc..

its all political speak like all politicians do, which is to avoid answering the question directly and misdirect your attention somewhere else. and while your looking in the opposite direction they then proceed to empty your pockets and kick you in the knuts!! and tell you this is progress.
    I have replied to this completely uninformative circular, but a don’t hold any hope of a coherent reply.
    :rolleyes:

Advertisement