Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircoms Text Messages

Options
  • 22-09-2002 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

I thought eircom said that their text messages would be cheaper than mobile operators? It costs 8 cent to send a text to a landline and 10 cent to send one to a mobile.
    Vodafone = 13 cent
    O2 = 11c weekday. 8c weekend.
    Meteor = 8c.

Now how does that make it cheaper than mobile operators?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Im a complete idiot :)

Edit: oops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

"Eircom dont have a mobile network since they sold Eircell to vodafone."

I think he means their cordless (I want to break freeeeee) phone thingummies which had a text facility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Eircom have a new SMS over POTS service (the €ircom Queen music ad showed a special DECT fone ...I suspect thisONE here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Eircon are ripping people off with those phones... You can buy them labelled as "Siemens" much cheaper -- I saved about 60 euros when I bought mine in Germany, and I assume you can make the same saving buy buying them here in Ireland from any supplier NOT called Eircon. Mine has a bunch of features that can't be used in Ireland though. *sob* :(

Advertisement