Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Theatre Festival

• 21-09-2002 10:47pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I dont know if anyone has seen the line up for the DTF but I have to say I was a bit underwhelmed. I'm looking forward to Glengarry Glenross, but the rest seemed very unknown. I like to see theatre thats new too but a few stalwart productions wouldn't have hurt!

Anyone got any recommendations from the selection?

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The uninspiring line-up can be found here on an uninsipring black grey and pink web site.

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't know what to recommend there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

There is a play in a public toilet in St. Stephens Green that has gotten very good reviews. Called Ladies and Gents

Is part of the fringe festival which has a pretty substantial line-up.

See here for more....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I'll get my coat.

You do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Glengarry Glen Ross was alright, but having seen the film first, I couldn't get to like the tall, kinda camp looking guy playing Roma... Al Pacino was just so good in the film :P

That said, there was a lot there that I didn't pick up in the film.
    Glad me da paid for us to go see it though...

Gotta love David Mamet :)
    "What you're hired for, is to help us. Does that seem clear to you? To HELP us, not to ..."

"Who told you that you could work with men?"
    "You company man."

zynaps

Advertisement