Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats wicklow doing here?

Options
  • 21-09-2002 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

I dont understand how wicklow was put into the midlands east region! i mean we on the coast so therefore we cant be part of the midlands! Caesar_Bojangle i thought you would be the first to point this fact out! would we not be more suited to the south east region?

Comments

Well...Damo Lord of All meath and things digital gets to crack a longer whip:D
    Besides we're in the midlands East tourism region, and eastern most things.
    And also ( and I learned this from Dustin )Bettystown and laytown are also on the coast...
    Plus It mightn't be what it used to be but as a wickla lad I have ...erm... fond memories of the skool tour to mosney...:D
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Ar, from Hackballscross to Brittas Bay, via Ballivor, wide region, innit?

And a big Hiya! to my new co-mod, Kaimera!

Hey mm, did you know that Mosney is now a refugee site? Its worth more to them than tourists!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

And a big Hiya! to my new co-mod, Kaimera!

aww shucks! *blushes*

Howdy DaMo.

Mosney is a refugee site?! OMG!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Yep, two years ago or so, Mosney stopped taking in tourists and now it is used as a site for refugees to stay while their applications are processed. £15m (punts then) deal for 5 years.

Amazingly, the Community Games continue on as normal at this time of year.....

Yeah, I heard about the refugee's...
    aparently, the community games people have been told to find another site due to this-news item I saw during the last games, i think they have another year there thats all.
    mm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Caesar_Bojangle i thought you would be the first to point this fact out!

Sorry Tails, i have been demoted to an insane poster and my stars appear to have lost their certain sparkle. Even though i myself would agree with you that we aint exactly the midlands, as you could consider bray part of the greater dublin area, and we technically are located on the south eastern coast. But going by this map we are midlands east, so theres not a lot i can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

woohoo go wicklow

Advertisement