Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Hypocrites

Options
  • 20-09-2002 10:58am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

ENN
    In more news on Eircom, the paper says the company has submitted bids to build fibre-optic networks in Cork, Galway and Donegal for the government's scheme to roll out broadband infrastructure. Eircom had initially opposed the project, saying it would compete with its business. It is thought the firm has now dropped its opposition in the hope of gleaning some revenue from the multimillion euro project for its construction arm.
    Here mods? Do me a favour and change the thread title to match the subject above, will ye? No point beating round the bush, eh?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

All companies are hypocrites and will always work in their own self-interest, you should not be suprised by this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Did I say I was surprised?

How many old sayings cover "just because everyone does it doesn't make it right"?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Xian

Yee har! Ride 'em cowboy! Nothing comes in the way of making a fast buck, eh Phil? Where's the crocodile tears over a competing network when you know full well that by the time it becomes active you'll have sold the dregs of what remains of the network you have to some poor schmuck while you sun yourself in the Bahamas. All pretence of planning for the future, even the future of your own company, goes up in smoke as of today. ESOT should sit up and listen - chances are they're setting themselves up for a bum ride. Hey, wouldn't it be a laugh if the schmuck was the Government? Then you'd have suckered the public investors and the guys who owned it in the first place to boot! Doesn't get any better than that.

Advertisement