Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox rip off

Options
  • 19-09-2002 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I bought an xbox 2 weeks ago when the prices were reduced to €250. At the time i didnt buy a DVD controller, but i remember they were priced at 30 something euro...

Today i went to buy one, and they were priced at 50 euros in Currys, Dixons and PC World.

Am i imagining it or has the price for this gone up since the console price dropped?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i bought the dvd playback with the consol and it was 49.99 back in march , and as far as i know it is still 49.99.

i'll check in game tommorow when i'm getting the thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

get it chipped, they you can get an .iso (legal) from the net that will allow playback without the remote.

also with the chip you can connect your xbox to your pc and put loads of free (legal) software on yor xbox to make it play mp3 / vcd etc.

check out www.xbox-scene.com for all the info, there are chippers in dublin too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

how much is it to get it chipped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

around 40 - 50 Euro I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i checked the price today it's 49.99 in dixons , 34.99 in game and it's 31.99 in hmv ( all in the blanchardstown centre )

so hurry along to dixons before there all sold out :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement