Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL in Thurles

Options
  • 18-09-2002 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Just heard on the local news that Esat have launched ADSL in Thurles.Info was a bit sketchy,but it said that it was available to business and internet users.Make of that as you will.Whether it means business only,I donno.
    Still,I suppose it's another town on the broadband map.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Business product I believe....but if you ring them anyone will be able to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Interestingly enough, Thurles already has cable modem services from Chorus. I wonder how many DSL services will be sold there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

yes its strange a number of the areas that esat said they will roll out dsl to already have chorus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Yeah.I wasn't too sure if they had Chours cable already or not.I know Clonmel has it alright,and it was also going to be one of the first of the 19 towns the Government were going to connect with its fibre ring thingymajig.Although,I suppose with no money around anymore,that's probably not going happen either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Esat are rolling out to 40 exchanges in Phase 1. There was a DSL roadshow in Thurles last night (18th Sept.). Unless you are about 3km from the exchange then you may not be able to get DSL. I was at the first roadshow in Limerick a few weeks ago. I have a copy of their presentation (PM me if you want it)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Eshat are conducting a mixture of market research and PR.

As it takes 6 weeks from receipt of instruction from ESAT to €ircon in order to unbundle the local loop, it is fair to assume as follows.

1. Order from you to Esat takes 1 week.
    2. Order Esat - >Eircom takes 6 weeks
    3. Completion and testing by Esat takes 1 week.

Thats 8 weeks, if you ring ESAT today and say you want a line in Thurles ...being nice to them and all..... by the end of November , and that they will guarantee that date in writing before the order is deemed to be placed, I bet you will hear excuses and crap about 'maybe it'll be after christmas' and 'we can't guarantee that'

The supreme irony is that Chorus is still a better bet in Thurles, and half the price too or less. You will probably get it in by end Nov.

M

Advertisement