Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion: re this forum

Options
  • 18-09-2002 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

It's been suggested to the IOFFL committee before (when I was on it), but with the increase of traffic on this forum, particularly traffic to do with flat-rate and broadband actually *being* available, I think it's worth suggesting again now...

Why not create sub-forums of the IOFFL forum ... e.g.:
      IrelandOFFLine
    • - General Discussion
    • - Flat-rate
    • - Broadband

Just a thought...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Personally i dont really agree with this.

At the moment were getting quite a lot of traffic because of the two flat rate offers, but as with the release of eircoms dsl this wont last (the traffic, not the offers).

Three forums would make it harder to keep up with topics, cause confusion about where to post and (imo) be a little off putting to newer/occasional users.

Im sure it wouldnt be a problem to get an extra forum or two from our uberlords in boards.ie however. What does everyone think?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

It works well for the ICDG boards....

Around 2 threads a week is all I would have to move to another board, like from Satellite to Cable/MMDS/Broadband, at most.

Folk there are pretty savvy when it comes to the setup....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I say leave it the way it is until we have a few more options from ISP's. It'd be just too much effort and strain on our 56k's clicking through three forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

I agree, leave it as it is.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've been thinking about offering UTV users their own community. I'm not sure how UTV would react to that or if its a good step (I can see libel problems in my nightmares)...

A forum for each ISP (as they request them, I'm not doing this without covering my ass with a "we wont sue you" document) which would be independantly moderated.

We could make IOFFL work like ICDG but that would be for IOFFL to decide and request.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

ehh, no

leave the bloody thing the way it is :cool: Its too much of a hassle opening a number of forums to see whats new... just leave it

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

I'd side along with the "If it aint broke..." members. It is, in essence, a good idea, but not at the moment. Probably annoy me right now more then anything (I'm not at all suggesting that everyone else feels the same!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Leave it as is. More forums means more clicking around - and these days (Well actually, any day) I don't have time for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I think there should be more IOFFL boards simnply because the demand is there.
    This is in my opinion 2nd only to after hours as the most popelar board and now its evolving to cover more subjects.

It should get more methinks anyway.

Kdja

Advertisement